Morten Påsche and Ida Kristensen (both from Norway), grabbed the titles of the Open and female categories in the Lier Open 2019 250p ICO that took place last weekend in Lier, Norway. Morten beat Torben Thomsen from Denmark 2-0, while Ida beat her sister Stine Arctander with the same score ine the womens final.
Over 20 participants from 5 countries battled for medals in 4 categories. The Norwegian team managed to finish the tournament with 12 medals.
- Heia sports Arena, linoleum surface
- 6 courts, 60 matches.
- Open Final: Morten Påsche – Torben Thomsen: 2-0
- Female Final: Ida Kristensen – Stine Arctander: 2-0
- Open D. final: Stokke/Påsche – Malo/Thomsen: 2-0
- Mix D. final: Nygaard/Påsche – Kristensen/Pliszka: 2-0
Sergey Ovanesyan (from Armenia). A great experience to take part in my first Crossminton tournament. Great people, great atmosphere, great food.
In Norway, the sport has progressed continuously since 2013. By now, there are 30-50 players in constant tournament rivalry throughout the year.
You can find pictures from the tournament here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1497725133800126/